Our Baby is getting so big!
According to our scale at home he is 17+ lbs, but we will see in a month exactly what his stats are. He used to be such a good sleeper & would sleep for 10 hours w/o waking up, but lately he gets up about 2 times a night. Stinker! The doctor said he's big enough that I could wean him from eating in the night, but I'm kind of putting that off becuase i'm afraid we'll have to do the cry-it-out thing. ;-( We have been trying the rice cereal, but he is not into it at all....we keep hoping it will work someday because i think it would help him sleep at night.
He is rolling over from his stomach now & he's getting close to sitting up by himself. 
He has started sucking on his thumb....
And he's still a little chubster. We love him and are having so much fun with him!

6 comments:
Try using some gerber juice instead of milk with the cereal, gives it more flavor, only way JJ would eat cereal.
wow he is big. What i did with madi is mix the strained food with cereal.....its worth a shot....
I did all the above with Connor. One day I would mix cereal with breastmilk, another day with juice and another day with some baby food. All just for flavor. (like a jar of food would last all week) Connor was picky about his juices and food flavors but he would at least try it.
And the cry it out method is tough but it only last two nights with Connor. Now I can say it's bedtime, put him to bed with a blanket and walk out of the room. He will sing/talk himself to sleep. Soooo worth those two horrible nights.
The trick is not giving in on those nights. It will totally give them mix signals if you give up. So be sure you have a good book, aren't emotional that day and are really ready.
You are a superstar and can totally do this. Just think it's kinda like the first couple times you put a puppy in the kennel...they whine their little hearts out.
You can do it!
Thanks for fixing the pictures! He's so cute! Can't wait to see him again! Love that little chubster!!!!
Kurt tried to get me to do the cry-it-out thing and I didn't even last one night. too sad. I'm ok with rocking her to sleep.
ps. we need to get together soon before our babies get too big.
Post a Comment