Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Baby BOB...cat

Today the neighbor came over and asked if we wanted to see something cool. Well when do you ever say no? Of course we want to see something cool. So we go over and she tells us how they think there's a lynx or some other type of cat on their porch. Then they tell us that he seemed kinda cranky so I didn't get close enough to look, but Jon went and looked and sure enough it was some sort of cat.

They called Fish and Game and they came down to take a peek. Mr. Steve-the Fish & Game dude--went and looked at the kitty and said, "Looks like a house cat" but decided he'd better catch it just to make sure. As soon as he got close to it with those long dog catcher type thing-ma-jigs the thing started snarling so loud I could hear him from my house. Hmm...still think it's a house cat? I don't think so. So anyways then Mr. Steve catchs the kitty and sure enough--"well that is definitely a baby bobcat". Ka-hool, we had a bobcat in the neighborhood! Then after he had caught him he let us all take pictures:

Here is baby Bob:
He's a little scared:

But he's SO cute:



We feel pretty cool.

(Sorry the pictures aren't great. I had to turn the flash off so that you could actually see something, but i couldn't hold still enough.)

3 comments:

Jill and Levi said...

Oh, Very cool. I was expecting a huge lion/cat like thing. But it's very cute. Kinda looks like my kitty :) You should keep it. It can be best friends with Trigger and THor :D

Sara said...

That is the neatest! Definitely something I've never seen. Also, way proud of you on the roof thing- what a huge task! Miss you guys!

FitNotQuitJess said...

That was CRAZY! You guys never have a dull moment, I sware!