This last weekend Jon and I--but mostly just Jon-- re-roofed part of the house. I wanted to help, but I have this extreme phobia of heights. Saturday Jon tore off almost all the previous shingles--and there were a lot, in fact, too many! Then Sunday--I know, we're terrible (but you must understand it had to be done by Monday)--Jon started laying the new shingles. By this time we were starting to get worried about getting done in time so I bravely climbed up onto the roof and tried to do what I could to help speed up the process. Know that Jon did like, at least, 95% and I maybe did the remaining 5%, but at least I helped okay? I have the battle wounds to prove it- on the last shingle I hammered my left pointer finger. It hurt. Still does, but at least the roof is done. Here are some pics:
The roof part that needed to be replaced:
It looks bad, and it was, but it Jon had already started ripping into before i got this picture

Jon making me nervous:

Most of the shingles off (we did leave the wood ones up because we were running out of time):
This will be fun to clean:
Oooo look at the newness! Good job Jon!:
MAKING ME SUPER NERVOUS:
PROOF that I actually did something:
P.S. -- I know I look ridiculous & I promise I'm not trying to flash you.
3 comments:
So, this is the famous crime scene of the "finger accident." I am very impressed. Go, you guys.
Jon has this habbit of calking his name on something in the public view while he's on roofs...did he write anything? "Jon Is Cool" was his most famous one.
LOL-glad you got things done. Looks like you had fun :-)
very impressive!
Post a Comment